Split up methods-reagents?

Bert Popping Bert.Popping at durham.ac.uk
Wed Aug 3 12:15:50 EST 1994

Dear Donald,

may I suggest NOT to split this group for the various reasons discussed
earlier, in particular to avoid cross posting.
The group is far from exceeding its limits and the topics (PCR, DNA
etc ) are too closely related to be split.

I can honestly see no point for splitting the newsgroup, although I can
imagine that e-mail subscribers suffer from getting their mailbox flooded
with this posts.

Bert

|                                  ... usual disclaimer applies.          |
|_________________________________________________________________________|
| 	Dr. B. Popping				                          |
| 	University of Durham			    			  |
| 	Dept. Biol. Sci. 	  PHONE   +44 91 374 2430 	          |
| 	South Road                FAX     +44 91 374 2417 	          |
| 	Durham DH1 3LE	          E-MAIL  Bert.Popping at durham.ac.uk       |
| 	ENGLAND			  					  |
|_________________________________________________________________________|
|	WWW set pointer to:   http://www.dur.ac.uk/~dbl1bp (my home page) |
|	WWW set pointer to:   http://www.dur.ac.uk/~dbl0zz3 (Dept. Biol.) |
|_________________________________________________________________________|

 In article
<310kcl$cof at news.doit.wisc.edu> you wrote:

: I've been noticing that the methods-reagents traffic is
: increasing.  Perhaps it is time that this group is split
: up.

: May I suggest:

: bionet.molbiol.methods-reagents.pcr
: bionet.molbiol.methods-reagents.dna
: bionet.molbiol.methods-reagents.protein
: bionet.molbiol.methods-reagents.general

: Just a thought.

: Don

: Donald A. Lehn, Ph.D.                   Phone:  (608) 263-7668
: Medical Sciences Center / 3415          Fax:    (608) 262-9300
: University of Wisconsin Medical School  Email:  dalehn at facstaff.wisc.edu
: 1300 University Avenue                  Home:   (608) 277-1025
: Madison, WI 53706-1532

- --