LA Times article on bionet.general

BIOSCI Administrator biosci-help at NET.BIO.NET
Thu Aug 4 14:07:26 EST 1994

> 	I am a journalist for the Los Angeles Times
> newspaper, and am doing an article based on the usenet and
> Internet services in general.  I've decided to include the
> bionet.general newsgroup to the section which pertains to usenet.
> 	I would like to discuss how the Internet is helping to
> provide doctors and researchers with tools to assist them.  Such
> as genetics databases available to the public and private institutions,
> and various tools to help researchers.   Any other issues relating to
> bionet.general will also be applicable.  Please contact me.
>
> 	If you would like to be quoted in the published article
> (anonymous if you would like), please send e-mail or call
> voice at the following locations:
>
> 	Email: NORTHFORGE at delphi.com
>
> 	Voice: Toll free, 1-800-LATIMES ext. 73492 (ask for Adam)
>
> Thanks for your feedback,
> Adam S. Bauman
> LA Times Reporter
> NORTHFORGE at delphi.com

I talked with the reporter above and was told that this message was a
fake.  Adam has been doing investigative reporting on abuses of the
Internet, such as uncovering a recent pornography ring at LLNL, and,
apparently in "revenge," hackers are forging messages under his
username.  Please don't bother him with any phone calls or e-mail.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager

				biosci-help at net.bio.net