** Help with AO staining of Drosophila salivary glands **

Sinisac Mike sinisac at server.uwindsor.ca
Fri Aug 5 17:48:10 EST 1994

I would like to know if anyone has a staining protocol for
staining the salivary glands of drosophila with Acridine Orange.
I am interested in viewing the differentiation between the RNA
(chromosome puffs) and DNA portions of the polytene chromosomes
located in the salivary glands of another class of diptera.
I've tried several things already and am have been unable
to come up with anything really good yet. Any help would be
much appreciated.

Dave
sinisac at server.uwindsor.ca