Computer programming in biology

Frederick Thum st93mey7 at dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu
Fri Aug 5 21:52:22 EST 1994

I am interested in biological subjects which would lend themselves to
programming.  This is for a special computer class sequence for biology
majors, sponsored by NSF.

I had thought that it might be possible to integrate the use of BioQuest's
"SequenceIt!" protein-sequencing simulation into programming by somehow
trying to automate the steps of sequencing.  This is no easy task,
however, and the class will probably be using Excel 4.0 to program.

I am also interested in sources of raw, biologically oriented data for the
statistical part of the class.

Feel free to either e-mail me or post here.

- Fred Thum