Opinions on Textbk

Yee-Foong Mok ymok at artsci.wustl.edu
Tue Aug 16 20:17:44 EST 1994

Hi,

  Just like to hear anyone's opinion on a textbook. For years, the
undergraduate Biochemistry course here has been using "Biochemistry" by
L. Stryer. For the coming fall semester, though, the book to be used has
been changed to "Principles of Biochemistry" by Lehninger & Cox. I've heard
that both books are excellent, but I'll still like to hear anyone's view
on how they stack up against each other. Anyone who has used both books
before, your response will be appreciated.

Thanks!