"Normally create without a vote"?

Bernard Murray bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov
Thu Aug 18 20:33:53 EST 1994

Hello,
	I am merely a reader of this newsgroup for the past ca. 1 year and am
not privy to the backbiting that goes herein however, its clear that Dave
appears to be a competent administrator as far as pure science is concerned
and it also appears that Una gives very valuable scientific advive (I am another
who loves her bionet guides).  What's with the nasty remarks???!!  Is there
some strange historical conflict to which all new readers of this group should
be initiated?  As a mere scorekeeper I am worried that Dave appears to have the
last say (by virtue of being the administrator) whereas remarks from Una that
appear relatively benign seem to provoke a heap of personal scorn.  Is there
something which we should be informed about?
	At the end of the day, if Una objects to Dave as administrator then
let her have a democratic go at changing the status quo.  On the other hand,
if Una appears to be taking the position of the devil's advocate then let that
be so - I certainly don't see her as a "nuisance".
	I am someone who reads this for the information rather than the politics
and the actual politics seem to be discussed in a non-scientific manner.
Shake hands youse guys and let's get on with the business in hand.
		Merely puzzled,
				Bernard

Bernard Murray, Ph.D.