"Normally create without a vote"?

BIOSCI Administrator biosci-help at NET.BIO.NET
Fri Aug 19 15:42:43 EST 1994

Una Smith writes:

> On behalf of someone else
> (who has yet to speak up here), you posted a proposal and
> invited comments.  I commented, and you responded with a
> note full of personal scorn and denigration.

I've already extensively explained the reason for my response (which
actually was to a new thread from you -

Subject: "Normally create without a vote"?

- about resurrecting the issue of creating newsgroups without votes -
not directly about the merits of the CFBS newsgroup itself which was
being discussed in a different thread).

I feel no further need to repeat the explanations ad nauseum or engage
in other banter.  Your two recent attempts to influence BIOSCI/bionet
by appealing in newsgroups outside of the bionet domain to news
administrators who have little understanding of our issues speak much
more loudly than all of the pages of explanation about good or bad
intentions on either side of this dispute.

I could take the time to reply point-by-point to your messages, which
do contain several points that I would agree with.  However, there is
no reason to waste my time sorting the valid issues out from the rest
of the points which I believe are inaccurate because the net result of
disagreements often seems to be end-run attempts to win the debate by
any means.

I, of course, will continue to be open to the charge of being
dictatorial, insecure, etc., etc.  Everyone can feel free to send in
assassins, fire away with both barrels, and lob molotov cocktails from
the sidelines.  I'm going on vacation next week (as usual along with
my laptop), so I won't have too much time to defend myself, nor much
motivation to do so since my wife and kids deserve some attention too
in spite of the network demands.  I'll donate my flak jacket and
asbestos underwear to Dave Mack here and let him stick his head up out
of the tank as we continue to crush innocent readers under our treads
and suppress the revolt ruthlessly ;-) (as if he has nothing better to
do too 8-).

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager