CFD Bigfoot Newsgroup (was Re: The Bigfoot Research Project)

Paul Brandt tcv at seqanal.mi.uky.edu
Fri Aug 19 17:32:56 EST 1994

Dave Mack (dmack at net.bio.net) wrote:
: In article <caveman.25.2E45DB8C at teleport.com>,
: Henry Franzoni <caveman at teleport.com> wrote:
: >             The Bigfoot Research Project
: >
: >The Bigfoot Research Project is a benign, scientific
: >investigation designed to prove the existence of a
: >large, bipedal, hair-covered hominid believed to be
: >living in the forested mountain ranges of the Pacific
: >Northwest.

: [...]

: In light of the information provided in this report, I
: believe that it is appropriate to consider the creation
: of a newsgroup for the discussion of this research area.

: I suggest either sci.bio.bigfoot or sci.bio.sasquatch.

I agreed this group _must_ be created, but the names you suggest are too
specific.  I would propose sci.bio.hominidal.large.hairy-bipedal.  Count
my YES vote now, no matter what the title.

BTW, has Dave K. approved this?

: :-)

: --
: Dave Mack
: Manager, Computer Facilities
: Senior Systems Administrator
: IntelliGenetics, Inc./BIOSCI Project

P.S. This is just the kind of stuff that one finds in the sci.bio.* groups
that is fortunately not in the bionet.* groups.

Paul Brandt
tcv at seqanal.mi.uky.edu