Gels

tivol at tethys.ph.albany.edu tivol at tethys.ph.albany.edu
Fri Aug 19 13:35:42 EST 1994

Matthew Carroll asks about gels for timed-release nutrients.
	Some years ago I used some crushed polyacrylamide gels to deliver anti-
gens subcutaniously into rabbits.  I'm not *at* *all* sure that this can be
safe in humans, but none of the rabbits died, and the antigens were delivered
in a time-release fashion--in fact I got a huge antibody response since the
gel acted as an effective adjuvant (it was stained and fixed in HOAc).  Per-
haps there is a similar, but less toxic gel material.  Good luck.
					Yours,
					Bill Tivol