bionet.* policy change

Foteos Macrides macrides at sci.wfeb.edu
Mon Aug 22 15:05:58 EST 1994

In article <33alfo$gs6 at news.ycc.yale.edu>, una at doliolum.biology.yale.edu (Una Smith) writes:
>[...]
> Dave, are you willing to allow individuals at remote sites to
> read the bionet.* newsgroups from net.bio.net?
>
> Note, I do *not* mean a feed from your server to another server.
> Many people have to use e-mail to access bionet.* because they
> have no local Usenet server.
>[...]

	If it's not too much of a hassle for the bionet staff or strain on
the net.bio.net machine, this is a good suggestion.  I suspect there are
many sites which do not have a news server installed, and are unlikely to
carry news locally, but would set up a news reader specifically to read
bionet.*, or would point their WWW clients to net.bio.net for that hierarchy.

				Fote