Usenet client tricks?

Una Smith una at doliolum.biology.yale.edu
Mon Aug 22 16:58:19 EST 1994

Usenet server experts:

Can anyone tell me how to fake a newsreader into thinking it's
getting news from a server?  I've discussed this with people
who think it should be possible, but no one has actually tried
it.  I'm thinking of the trn client I have installed together
with a rudimentary NNTP package, so I can read news from a
remote server:  can this client software be made to read news
from a (properly formatted) directory structure on the local
machine?  What I have in mind is being able to read e-mail
(and thus mailing lists) with my newsreader, without having
a full server at hand (at least without getting a news feed).

	Una Smith			smith-una at yale.edu