CFD Bigfoot Newsgroup (was Re: The Bigfoot Research Project)

Una Smith una at doliolum.biology.yale.edu
Tue Aug 23 13:02:33 EST 1994

Dave Mack <dmack at net.bio.net> wrote:

>I'm not sure; he opened the cage door, took away my tire and stuffed
>giraffe, and said, "Get 'em, Dave!"
>
>So here I am.
>
>>P.S. This is just the kind of stuff that one finds in the sci.bio.* groups
>>that is fortunately not in the bionet.* groups.

Dave,

The first part of your article was funny, but those of us
who read and appreciate the sci.bio.* groups don't think
your postscript is funny.

It *is* funny in the sense that it *perfectly* describes
bionet.general, as you demonstrate for us all right here.

>Quite so. Followups to sci.bio.

You set Followups to yourself, not sci.bio.  That's okay:
sci.bio is not involved with any of the current threads in
bionet.general, and doesn't need mis-directed articles from
here.

You've castigated me for not distributing to bionet.general
an article that I posted to news.admin.misc, about current
bionet.* newsgroup creation policy (you even objected to the
calm tone of my article).  Yet here you are, posting unkind
comments about sci.bio to bionet.general, without including
sci.bio.  That's okay by me;  I just want to point out that
by doing this, you undermine your claim that my own behavior
has been somehow inappropriate.

	Una Smith			smith-una at yale.edu