CFD Bigfoot Newsgroup (was Re: The Bigfoot Research Project)

Dave Mack dmack at net.bio.net
Mon Aug 22 21:19:32 EST 1994

In article <333buo$a8m at s.ms.uky.edu>,
Paul Brandt <tcv at seqanal.mi.uky.edu> wrote:
>Dave Mack (dmack at net.bio.net) wrote:
>: I suggest either sci.bio.bigfoot or sci.bio.sasquatch.
>
>I agreed this group _must_ be created, but the names you suggest are too
>specific.  I would propose sci.bio.hominidal.large.hairy-bipedal.  Count
>my YES vote now, no matter what the title.

As a large, hairy, bipedal hominid, I find this suggestion inadequately
specific.
How about sci.bio.hominidal.large.hairy-bipedal.possibly-nonexistent.nw-us?
This would leave room for
sci.bio.hominidal.large.hairy-bipedal.possibly-nonexistent.tibet for Yeti
research.

>BTW, has Dave K. approved this?

I'm not sure; he opened the cage door, took away my tire and stuffed
giraffe, and said, "Get 'em, Dave!"

So here I am.

>P.S. This is just the kind of stuff that one finds in the sci.bio.* groups
>that is fortunately not in the bionet.* groups.

Quite so. Followups to sci.bio.

--
Dave Mack
Manager, Computer Facilities