Going outside of bionet.*

Una Smith una at doliolum.biology.yale.edu
Tue Aug 23 14:11:00 EST 1994

In bionet.general, David Kristofferson <biosci-help at net.bio.net> wrote:

>Your two recent attempts to influence BIOSCI/bionet by appealing
>in newsgroups outside of the bionet domain to news administrators
>who have little understanding of our issues speak much more
>loudly than all of the pages of explanation about good or bad
>intentions on either side of this dispute.

If you describe my article in news.admin.misc as tattling, then I
say yes, I told them about the no-vote rule in bionet.prof-society.*.
Both you and Dave Mack have replied *there* with complaints that
my article sounded so matter-of-fact that it could be mistaken as
authoritative.  In bionet.general, you complain that I "appealed"
to the readers of news.admin.misc.

1. You can't have it both ways.
2. Both ways are your interpretation;  bionet.general readers
   are free to judge for themselves.
3. Either way, I think you're doing bionet.* more harm than
   good by going on like this.

	Una Smith			smith-una at yale.edu