Floaters

tivol at tethys.ph.albany.edu tivol at tethys.ph.albany.edu
Sun Aug 28 21:39:15 EST 1994

knunan's reply to Re: HELP NEEDED, PLEASE READ ascribes "floaters" to a prob-
lem in the central nervous system.
	For all who experience the phenomenon of floaters, do not worry; they
are simply the shadows (not precise, but descriptive) of red cells traveling
thru capillaries in front of the photosensitive cells of the retina.  They
are perfectly normal and not a cause for alarm.  I was facinated by them as a
child, and was happy to find out that they have such a benign explanation.
I suppose tiny aggregations of blood cells leaking from the capillaries can
occur, and these might not be so benign, but I still wouldn't look for CNS
causes.
				Yours,
				Bill Tivol