Central Vien Occlusion

Jeanette Ivey jeanette at jabes.csd.sgi.com
Wed Aug 31 12:38:30 EST 1994

My father is a healthy 64 year old and since this past February has
experienced a "cloudiness" which effects the vision in his left eye.
Apparently this is worse upon awakening and gets better during the
day, however, never completely clears up.

He has seen 2 opthamologists and they have diagnosed this condition
as a "central vein occlusion".

In both cases they have not been able to define what caused this and
advise of any treatment. He is understandably concerned that this
may continue and occur in the other eye as well.

I would like to be able to supply him with as much information about
this as possible, any feedback or knowledge of this would be greatly
appreciated.  I would also appreciate direction to any referance
material that I may research on this subject.

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this query, but we
(family) will feel better if we know more about this "central
vein occlusion".

Please respond to this or directly to me via email at:
jeanette at csd.sgi.com
Thanks

--
Jeanette Browne Ivey
jeanette at csd.sgi.com
Silicon Graphics, Inc
NAFO Support Services
415/390-5516 Phone
415/960-3904 FAX

"If you can't be elegant, be memorable..."