Know any proteases that cleave prior to aspartate residues?

Mr. P.A. Sansom psansom at
Mon Dec 5 12:11:49 EST 1994

I'm using a 16 amino acid peptide as a protease substrate. It contains 3 internal
aspartate residues and cleavage occurs N-terminal to all three (ie its in the
P1' position). The P1 residues are serine, leucine and histidine for the sites.

The same enzyme appears to be involved in all cleavages and I want to know if
anyone has encountered this kind of specificity befors, or if its just a

If you can help please drop me a line.

Thanks in advance

psansom at

Paul A Sansom                                  tel: 081-748-9966 x4208
Department of Biochemistry                     fax: 081-748-5090
The Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology
6 Bute Gardens
London W6 7DW