drain openers

BRIAN LEE brian.lee at woodlawn.com
Mon Dec 12 01:38:00 EST 1994

|JP> 	I bought a drain-opening product called "Biop's".  The package        |
|JP> says the tablets are environmentally safe and contain enzymes and      |
|JP> "micro-organisms specifically adapted to eliminate grease, soap scum, a|
I don't know about this product specifically, but I believe that
several of the enzymatic drain openers contain enzymes from
Bacillus subtilis.  It is questionable whether adding
microorganisms are of any value because not very many would
survive the chemicals that normally go down the drain or are
stuck down there with the clog.
---
 * MegaMail 2.10 #50:BOING!  Great Science is science + art