Sigma Aldrich questions?

Michael Cooley szcooley at dale.ucdavis.edu
Tue Dec 13 12:26:24 EST 1994

Peter Herman x5495 (rpeter at nmsu.edu) wrote:
: In article <3c0fr1$bj2 at ixnews2.ix.netcom.com> jb at ix.netcom.com (Jeffrey bronchick) writes:
: >I am intersted in comments from anyone who has worked with and/or bought
: >from Sigma Chemicals or the parent Sigma Aldrich.
: >
: >Specifically:
: >
: >1)Why them versus another competitor?
: >2)Are prices high?
: >3)Quality issues, particularly in newer bio-products?
: >

: Many of us buy from Sigma regularly for a variety of reasons, though
: they are by no means the only supplier which fits has the attributes
: described below.

: They have a relatively big product list so that you can get a bunch
: of reagents from one source.  This becomes an issue when one or more
: require special shipping.

: They have relativly fast service and a good shipping department

: The Sigma "answer man" can be called with questions on any of their
: products and has either got the information handy and/or can get it
: fast on many product applications

: Our department has a customer number and can order directly buy
: computer gioving instant info on current price and availability

: Hope this helps

: and no, I do not have stock in Sigma :-)

Yes, I agree with the above, plus I have not been dissapointed with the
quality of Sigma products. I certainly cannot say the same for other
manufacturers.