rats

M K Bennett pamkb at mail.bris.ac.uk
Thu Dec 15 04:02:53 EST 1994

ALICE LOO (LOOT at VAX.CS.HSCSYR.EDU) wrote:
: Does anyone know of any method to determine the age
: of any rat? I did a study on aging using barrier-raised
: rats, and a question put to me by my thesis commitee
: was that would I be able to determine the age of say
: a sewer/wild rat presented to me. I have no clue.
: Any idea?

I would say probably not unless you've done studies specifically on wild
type animals.  I would think that they would have heavier/denser bone
structure etc due to the more active life style they will lead in comparison
to lab animal.

mike

Mike Bennett D.Phil		|When I find myself in the company of
Dept Pathology and Microbiology,|scientists, I feel like a shabby curate who
University of Bristol, UK.   	|has stumbled into a drawing room full of
m.k.bennett at bristol.ac.uk	|dukes--W.H.Auden `The poet and the city' 1962