Clinton's Cuts

Elisa Foster elisa at reliant.alembic.com
Tue Dec 20 12:17:34 EST 1994

Does anyone else find the new Clinton tax cutting plan a little disturbing?  What
concerns me is that he has proposed to cut the US Dept of Energy budget for nuclear
waste clean-up by 20%.  This cut does save in excess of $4 billion, but the clean-up
program is allready being hindered by lack of funds.  As a result, Superfund sites are
becoming a real threat to the safety of humans and the natural environment.  In my
opinion the nuclear clean-up program should be the last to be cut in fiscal management.
Any seconds, protests?  This is my first net posting. Respond to elisa at alembic.com.