bioethics

Brian T. Greuel greuelb1 at jaguar.uofs.edu
Tue Feb 1 04:42:27 EST 1994

In article <19940131200213IZZYQG4 at MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>, IZZYQG4 at MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU
(William Navarre) writes:

>   Does anybody out there think that there should be a newsgroup
> specifically designated for the discussion of bioethics?  This is the
> only place (the internet, that is) that many scientists can express
> their opinions on what is right and what is wrong.  Although it would
> have several disadvantages including the fact that so many people
> could now become "armchair ethicists" and discussions might wander
> towards banality, I think with the proper supervision it could be
> quite interesting.  Maybe this idea has been tried before and shot
> down.  I'm pretty new to this.

Actually there already is a Usenet news group with the following title:
bit.listserv.ethics-1

It seems to me that I have seen discussion recently on bioethics-related
issues in this news group.  It certainly seems like it would be an
appropriate forum for discussion of such issues.

Brian Greuel