Looking for Information

Keith Robison robison1 at husc10.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 2 09:41:32 EST 1994

kdudzins at uoguelph.ca (Karen E Dudzinski) writes:

>Yes, alright, I am just a lowly undergrad...looking for a little extra
>information for two research papers I'm working on.  If anyone is presently
>doing research in these areas or has some information that might be of some
>benefit to me,  I would greatly appreciate the help.

>My two papers involve:

>    The DNA repair enzyme: Uracil DNA Glycosylase
>        specifically I'm interested in: recent research in sequencing,
>         especially wrt the human Ung. and comparisons of conservation
>         between species more recent than Olsen et al. (1989)

Try (if you haven't already) SwissProt -- available via gopher
to gopher.nih.gov or WWW URL http://expasy.hcuge.ch/sprot/sprot-top.html.
Also, there is an ung entry in prosite -- both of the above sites can
get you in.

>    Xeroderma Pigmentosum, especially clinical symptoms,  (I'd really like
>         some good quality photographs,  they seem to be rather rare.)

Try looking in On-Line Mendelian Inheritance in Man for a current bibliography.
It's available via gopher to gopher.gdb.org.

Good luck!

Keith Robison
Harvard University
Department of Genetics / HHMI