Online databases such as MEDLINE?

Bullock, David bullock at
Wed Feb 2 15:34:43 EST 1994

>In article <1994Jan31.160636.10090 at>,
> <happy at> wrote:
>>       I was recently told that a database exists called MEDLINE(sp?)
>>which details the research and papers of participating scientists.  If
>>anyone has any relevant info about this or knows of existing, similar
>>datasbases, please EMAIL me ASAP.  Thanks in advance!!
>>                                                       Rusty Soots

>Medline is a list of references from the biomedical research literature.

>It is easily available at UNC-Chapel Hill Med. School library back to

>1985 as UNCLE.  NCSU and UNC-CH should be connected on the Net.  Perhaps

>You can find a way to get a passaword.  The library's phone number is

>David McKAlip

The best access I've found is to UnCover, available free on the net.
UnCover is a serial index database containing over 4 million references from
over 14,000 serial titles.  About 53% of titles are in science, medicine and
technology, 21% in social science, 14% in humanities, and 12% in business.
Here, we access through the library gopher or telnet to
and log in as SRS.  If individual telnet access is not possible, have a word
with your information librarian.  Document delivery can be ordered on line,
costing about US$12.50 with payment by Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.