IMPORTANT - POSSIBLE DOWNTIME THURSDAY/FRIDAY FOR NET.BIO.NET

David Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Wed Feb 2 13:58:47 EST 1994

We need to take net.bio.net offline for at least the greater part of a
day to do an operating system upgrade and rebuild the kernel to repair
some of the problems that are plaguing the machine.  Normally we would
do this on the weekend, but in light of the need to monitor the
situation closely (and not exhaust our staff resources), I asked Dave
Mack to take the system off-line on Thursday with Friday reserved for
possible additional repairs in the event that anything goes amiss.
This schedule might be changed, so please keep an eye on
BIONEWS/bionet.announce for further developments.

Hope everyone can survive without a news fix for a day or two; please
accept in advance my apologies for this interruption of service, but I
hope that this will be for the greater good in the slightly longer
term.

				Sincerely,

				Dave Kristofferson
				BIOSCI/bionet Manager