fight against "animal-rights" terrorism

Paul Schlosser SCHLOSSER at ciit.org
Tue Feb 1 09:26:53 EST 1994

There is something we can all do here, and that is to be forthright with
friends & other people we associate with outside of our profession.  That
is, without being "apologetic", to say what we do and why it is important
for the improvement of the human condition.  "Animal rights" groups rely,
in part, on representing scientists as cold, faceless, distant individuals,
out of contact with the rest of society.  By speeking with non-professionals
about what we do, and why, we dispell that myth.  If your next-door neighbor
knows that *you* might loose your job, or be physically injured, by such
terrorism, I am sure that they would be less likely to support these groups.

Paul
schlosser at beta.ciit.org