Ed Rybicki ed at
Mon Feb 7 16:30:39 EST 1994

In article <9401311600.AA28922 at> LYONSW at UCONNVM.bitnet (James Lyons-Weiler) writes:
>From: LYONSW at UCONNVM.bitnet (James Lyons-Weiler)
>Subject: Penetrance
>Date: 31 Jan 1994 08:00:15 -0800

>Paul G. Johnson-1 writes:

>"To: plant-biology at
>From: john0130 at (Paul G Johnson-1)
>Subject: Penetrance?
>Sender: john0130 at
>Date: Mon, 31 Jan 1994 13:39:51 GMT

>What is the general view of the term and phenomena of "penetrance?" This

>refers to differential expression of a phenotype under various
>environmental conditions or genetic backgrounds....

[stuff deleted]

I always enjoyed the definition of a virgin birth as the result of failed

 | Ed Rybicki, PhD             |    "Now you've got the hang of it    |
 | (ed at        | There's nothing you can't do with it |
 | Dept Microbiology           |        If you're very into it        |
 | University of Cape Town     |         You can't go wrong...."      |
 | 7700, South Africa          |               -Mad John              |
 | fax: 27-21-650 4023         | (Ogden's Nut Gone Flake, Small Faces)|