Current Contents online?

ROBERT BOOT, HERSTON MEDICAL LIBRARY mail_boot at uqvax.cc.uq.oz.au
Tue Feb 8 14:34:19 EST 1994

In article <06FEB94.18045466.0273 at VM1.MCGILL.CA>, "KWAN,TONY,MR" <BGAA000 at MUSICB.MCGILL.CA> writes:
> Our lab is looking for an online service where we could connect to and
> search Current Contents (or similar periodical index with abstracts)
> online through Internet.  We are currently using another lab's
> Reference Update (which lacks abstracts) on a very old and slow PC. We
> would like to improve our productivity by searching online which we
> assume would be much more up to date and a bit faster.  Any information
> on any free or commercially available servers to connect to would be
> appreciated.

Current Contents is available through BRS; Dialog has Science Citation Index.
There are no freebies that I am aware of. Your library should have contact
details.
There are *many* other periodical indexes with abstracts available including
MEDLINE & Biological Abstracts. None is as upto date as the SCI products. CARL
Uncover also provides a contents page system with document delivery.
Again, your library should be able to provide further information.