Bubonic plague

Cory M Wisnia cwisnia at eis.calstate.edu
Thu Feb 10 11:41:53 EST 1994

R.equest  F.or  I.nformation
         Hi,  my name is Yannis Breit-Hofberg. I'm in the eighth grade
and doing a science project on the Bubonic  plague. I have studied some
sources including a college microbiology book which described a lot of
the symptoms, and two National Geographic articles that included
information about fleas, rats and antibiotics. I would like to know if
there are any new strains of the plague. I heard that there might be new
strains popping up and that they were non-treatable with the current
antibiotics. Another thing I couldn't find in my resources was mortality
rates. I would like to make a graph on the most recent death rates so if
you know any or where to find them it would be much appreciated. I am
wondering whether there is a way to gopher or ftp to the World Health
Organization for info or the Center for Disease Control.  Thank you very
much in advance for reading and responding to my question.

Sincerely
Yannis Breit-Hofberg

||     / \|/  \  CORY  WISNIA             ||
||     |(O)(O) | cwisnia at eis.calstate.edu ||
||     \  ×   /  MENDOCINO   CA           ||