Definition of life

Larry Marshall lmarshal at pnfi.forestry.ca
Thu Feb 10 12:26:42 EST 1994

In <Pine.3.05.9402101413.A9418-a100000 at dux> G.LEWIS at dundee.ac.uk ("G. Lewis - Biological Sciences - S.C.R.I. 562731 ") writes:

>Hypothetical yes, fine. What about hypothetical stars made of icecream?

>In other words, you show me life made of anything other than nucleic acids

We used to say the same thing about carbon-based nutrition until we
found life forms that managed to survive and reproduce in a sulfur-based
universe.

# Larry Marshall                          ./\.  lmarshal at pnfi.forestry.ca #
# Canadian Forest Service              _|\|  |/|_                         #
# Petawawa National Forestry Institute \        /    Tel:  (613) 589-2880 #
# Chalk River, Ontario  K0J 1J0         >______<     Fax:  (613) 589-2275 #
# CANADA                                   /                              #