the most advanced species

Larry Marshall lmarshal at pnfi.forestry.ca
Fri Feb 18 15:21:42 EST 1994

In <2k2t6t$4i3 at gazette.bcm.tmc.edu> aabuin at bcm.tmc.edu (Alejandro Abuin) writes:

>     In fact, aren't living creatures with short life cycles (I.E.
>bacteria) much more advanced than us? .... the rationale being that they
>have had countless more generations than us to take advantage of?

Well... most cockroach species seemed to have determined they were
the "best that they could be" a long time ago.  We still have to join
the army, or so sayeth my TV.

# Larry Marshall                          ./\.  lmarshal at pnfi.forestry.ca #
# Canadian Forest Service              _|\|  |/|_                         #
# Petawawa National Forestry Institute \        /    Tel:  (613) 589-2880 #
# Chalk River, Ontario  K0J 1J0         >______<     Fax:  (613) 589-2275 #
# CANADA                                   /                              #