What is life? my 2 cents

Mark Petrie ef949 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu
Sun Feb 20 13:58:46 EST 1994

To those who disagree with current "accepted" definitions of life
that relate to the following able to reproduce, metabolism etc
and then go on to say life cant be thought of in our terms
because there could possibly to non-nucleic acid life on another
planet, I say humbug! Scientific methodoligy is on provable
and duplicatable knowledge. Maybe provable is the wrong
word but you get the drift. I say we keep our definition
with the openness we should all have , that science is continualy
changing and being redifined as we learn more.
						Mark