Information regarding Saltidae spider reproduction required

Robert m Waugh rmwaugh at sacam.OREN.ORTN.EDU
Mon Feb 21 20:33:49 EST 1994

I am seeking information on the reproduction of Saltidae for an experiment
that I am conducting.  I need to be able to have the spiders reproduce
with living offspring, but have had no success thus far.  My experiment
has to do with removing the spiders from their plants and recording the
success rate of return withing a 3 week period.  I also put alcohol on
the drop lines that they leave when foraging for food so they can not follow
their pheremone trail back to their egg sacks.  Obviously this would hinder
the reproduction of the spiders if they did not return, but 68% do return
to the egg sack.
Anybody with any information that might be of help to me please email me
here.