HELP! Information Needed on TdT

Wed Feb 23 17:47:36 EST 1994

Greetings, fellow biologists and pretenders to the title (I count myself in
the latter category :^)

        I'm working with various protocols that involve the 3' end labeling
of DNA with the enzyme TdT (terminal dexynucleotidyl transferase).  I have
not had a lot of success thus far, and I'd really like to get some informa-
tion about the enzymology of TdT.  All the articles I've turned up on Med-
line have simply applied the enzyme, and not given information about the
performance of the enzyme with various substrates.  We're using biotin-11-
dUTP, and we'd like to know what kind of behavior we should expect for TdT
with it.

        Can anyone help?  Thanks in advance!

                                                        - John Ladasky