Protein Expression in E. Coli

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Wed Feb 23 14:17:09 EST 1994

[followups go only to bionet.general!]

I do also not favour the idea of a newsgroup dealing with protein expression
only. As Brian Smith <bos at nmrt.ocms> already stated, a database of vectors
and references would be much more helpful. (Unfortunately, I am not in a
position yet to allocate computer resources for a database :-( ) A list
of FAQs could be regularly posted on bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts and/or
bionet.molbio.proteins in addition to the FAQ which is maintained by
Paul Hengen. The question of expression of proteins in yeast is often
dealt with in bionet.molbio.yeast.

Since every case of protein expression seems to have different pitfalls,
advice of other people which are not familiar with this case is sometimes
not too helpful :-(

In addition, I don't see the point of creating a new group _before_ the
demand is there. There are already enough bionet newsgroups with almost
no traffic.

--Cornelius.

/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795 */
/* "People are DNA's way of making more DNA." (Edward O. Wilson, 1975)    */