Racism & Bionet

HPUTZ at BIOTECHNET.COM HPUTZ at BIOTECHNET.COM
Fri Feb 25 09:46:52 EST 1994

  Recently, some of you have suggested that racist remarks not be
tolerated on bionet.  I don't like to read racist comments any more
than the rest of you and racist discussions certainly have no
place here.  However, if a racist comment is made during the course
of a legitimate scientific discussion, who are we to discriminate
against it.  After all, racism IS opinion.  Or don't the principles
of free speech apply here?  If you want to combat racism, it's more
effect to do so publicly through rational debate rather than insults
and censorship.

Henry S. Putz Jr.
HPUTZ at BIOTECHNET.COM