BIIIIG bacteria...

Claus S. Kristensen csk at lm.dth.dk
Fri Feb 25 05:56:06 EST 1994

Hello all,

We are very interested in bacteria being as big as possible.
The reason for being interested in those bacteria is that we
would like to know the intracellular location of certain proteins.
Evidently, the bigger the easier. We are aware of Epulopiscium
Fisheloni (Nature 363, p. 239-, 1993 "The largest bacterium"),
as well as the other bacteria mentioned in this paper.

Unfortunately, all those are not available in pure cultures for
lab. experiments.

Therefore, we would very much appreciate if anyone out there has
some relevant references to such bugs.

Yours sincerely,

Claus Kristensen
Leo Eberl

PS Please reply by e-mail to csk at lm.dth.dk

*  Claus Sternberg Kristensen, PhD                                *
*  Department of Microbiology   Danish Technical University /DTU/ *
*  Building 221                 DK 2800 Lyngby Denmark            *
*  Phone (Den:) 45 93 12 22     ext. 2522 or 2515                 *
*  Phone (Int:) +45 45 93 34 22 FAX +45 45 93 28 09               *
*  E-mail: csk at lm.dth.dk                                          *