Etiquette

Dan Diaz bl275 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu
Fri Feb 25 10:53:00 EST 1994

In a previous article, szeinfel at FOX.CCE.USP.BR (Rafael N Szeinfeld) says:
>	Could someone send me the original message from Joni self ? What
>he wants to mean ? If his intent was not racist he must explain himself
>on the other hand if it was a racist speech I ask for a blockage on his
>internet access.
>	Rafael Najmanovich

this must be national censorship week - why didnt anyone tell me?!

hint - whether the originial poster was/is racist is not relevant to
legitimate scientific discussions of race/gender/sexual orientation.
disease and complex socio-psychological behavior emerge from biological
strata and are therefore appropriate fodder for discussions of genetics and
human behavior.

i think people who ask for the knee-jerk exile of those who they deem to be
incorrect ar more dangerous than the supposed racists themselves.  let's
chill ok?  this talk of banning people from a scientific forum because of
the content of their non-scientific views is utter nonsense.  the folks at
the bionet may have a very different view from mine, and if so i would love
to hear it, but i find this talk very discouraging from the vantage point
of making the bionet a stimulating place for people to meet and exchange
scientific views, data, protocols, etc.  shall we ban all bionetters who
worked in the kgb?  those who did science in south africa?  the new biology
political purity brigade could have a field day screening out all heretics
who dont deserve the privilege of being heard on the bionet.  how sad.