Why do we sleep?

Richard Burge R.Burge at bay.cc.kcl.ac.uk
Sat Feb 26 14:32:44 EST 1994

In article <1994Feb23.085433.8620 at nijmeg.ingr.com> j_jong at hfdorp.hfdorp.ingr.com (Jorrit de Jong) writes:

>>Why do we sleep?  Is there something that builds up in our bodies that gives
>>us a feeling of fatigue and that during sleep gets metabolized somehow so
>>that we feel refreshed upon waking?
>>

>I can answer that question...
The first person who can *really* answer that question will be guaranteed a
Nobel prize for Physiology & Medicine!

>I am very interested in the electrical systems of the human and that is
>exactly where the reason for sleep lies.
>During the day (vertical position), a human is filled with electrical
>systems. This collection is mostly gathered on top of the head. Daytime is
>silver, night is gold and during silver, a human is built to be silvery and
>gold during the night.
>Tha's why it's dangerous for a human to be gold in silver times and the
>opposite.
No doubt you can back up all this talk of electrics with sound physiological
measurements - EEG recordings, that sort of thing. Perhaps some of this is
published :)

>Above the head a system is active, which is called the Cathstar. This
>collects electrics during the day and during the night (horizontal vector),
>this cathstar is pulled in into the physical body and is cleaned by the
>blood. This causes a "empty" feeling when waking up.
Yeah, right!

>As you probably get a sense of, this is an enormous territory, which is not
>really known to science, but it is the 100% truth. In my case, I am also
>able to see this process happening electrically. It's the most facinating
>engineering within the human when looking into the electrical systems.
How do you _see_ these electrical processes?

Frankly, I'm doubtful....

Richard Burge         | e-mail:
King's College London |  R.Burge at bay.cc.kcl.ac.uk