fatty acyl CoA in the ER?

thomas at biomed.biolan.uni-koeln.de thomas at biomed.biolan.uni-koeln.de
Mon Jan 3 03:53:16 EST 1994

Happy new year!!

I post this again because my first posting may have
been badly recognized during christmas:

Dear scientific world,

I am preparing a publication and still need a certain
information for this:

Is anyone aware of a publication which deals with the
question if fatty acyl-coenzyme A esters are present in
the lumen of the endoplasmic reticulum or of the Golgi
apparatus (or more exactly at the luminal side of the
respective membranes)?

I have looked in the Medline database for this and was
not able to find any publication about this topic. But
it is sometimes not easy to find the best searching
terms and therefore I could have overlooked some papers.

To my knowledge all enzymes which use fatty acyl CoA
esters as substrates are located with their catalytic
domains at the cytoplasmic face of the ER (or Golgi?).
Does anyone know about an exception?

I would be happy if someone who is familiar in this field
would have a good advice for me.

Thank you in advance

Thomas

Thomas WEIMBS
Institut fuer Biochemie
Medizinische Fakultaet
Universitaet Koeln (Cologne)
Germany
E-mail: THOMAS at BIOMED.BIOLAN.UNI-KOELN.DE