Histone mRNA

Ezekial mic2mcb at gps1.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jan 20 05:21:32 EST 1994

I've just been advised to post this article to this news group as well
as sci.bio, and I'm new to this so I didn't initially cross-post.
Well, sorry don't flame me please?

I'm looking for information about histone mRNA's. I have read that they
are not polyadenylated and have no methylated guanine cap. The Kozak
hypothesis as I understand it requires the methylated guanine to bind the
small ribosomal subunit at the start of translation. I am probably
misunderstanding something inportant but are there any experts out there
who can clear this up for me?

Matthew bean, The University of Leeds