Advice Required: Lymph node fixation for in-situs

Mr C M Hodgson lsrbd at csv.warwick.ac.uk
Fri Jan 21 05:51:54 EST 1994

Fellow Bionetters,

I would be grateful for any advice regarding the fixation of intact murine
lymph nodes (or others !) such that I will be able to store these away prior
to either embeding in wax or cutting frozen serial sections.

Should I snap-freeze and store whole nodes at -70C ? Will this retain RNA
for in-situ hybridisation at a later date ? Or should I fix the nodes in
paraformaldehyde and store them in this way for embedding later ?

Chris
--
Chris Hodgson             \Where all roads lead to mystery
University of Warwick      \Serendipity will be found
+44 203 523523 Ext. 2568     \lsrbd at csv.warwick.ac.uk