The Race for the Double Helix (A&E Thursday)

Brian T. Greuel greuelb1 at jaguar.uofs.edu
Fri Jan 21 22:21:24 EST 1994

In article <1994Jan14.203132.10052 at netnews.wku.edu>, pinnick at wkuvx1.wku.edu
(CASSANDRA PINNICK, WKU Philosophy) writes:

> 	AARGH!@#%@!  too late!! I've been waiting to get a tape of this
> because I want to show it to my Philosophy and History of Science
> course.

No problem.  Just call Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory and ask if you can
borrow their copy of the movie, "The Race for the Double Helix" starring Jeff
Goldblum .  About seven months ago, when I was teaching at Austin College
(Sherman, TX), I did just that.  Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory sent me a copy
of the videotape (at no charge) and I sent it back to them a few days later
when I was finished with it.  It is an excellent movie and a good follow-up
to reading the book, "The Double Helix" by James D. Watson.  My Intro Bio
students (non-majors track) really seemed to enjoy the movie.

Brian T. Greuel, Ph.D.
Dept. of Biology
University of Scranton
Scranton, PA   18510-4625