I need FTP sites

Brian Foley brianf at med.uvm.edu
Sun Jan 23 16:42:43 EST 1994

Sean David Moore (baldy at BRAHMS.UDEL.EDU) wrote:
: I have just re-entered the world of ftp, and i would like to know if
: there is an up-to - date list of FTP sites with
: biology-(molecular)-related programs on it.  I would prefer if these
: were anonymous sites, so I could enter them.  Thanks for the reply, in
: advance.  Sean Moore

	The world has changed a lot in the last 3 years.  There are
now internet services such as GOPHER and ARCHIE which can search
the whole internet for you.  New FTP sites come on-line every day
and new software gets added by the hour, so keeping lists on
paper is a waste of time.
	Get yourself a GOPHER client (you can reach ARCHIE, which
keeps track of all the FTP archives, from within gopher).  You
will not regret it.  Besides finding FTP sites you will also
find services such as being able to search GenBank and GenBank
updates at IUBIO and other places.