Evolution and Entropy

Rafael N Szeinfeld szeinfel at FOX.CCE.USP.BR
Thu Jan 27 07:36:50 EST 1994

On Wed, 26 Jan 1994, Jason M Ruspini wrote:

> I'm wondering if someone can help me with a question concerning evolution and
> entropy.   I am arguing with someone on alt.christnet over whether evolution
> contradicts entropy.   I say that it does not because the internal physical
> order gained by a biological system is outweighed by the external chemical
> disorder it causes when it evolves.  Is this basically correct?   Have there
> been any studies concerning entropy and biological systems?  What have been
> their results/ or where can I find them?
>
> jruspini at mail.sas.upenn.edu
> jruspini at eniac.seas.upenn.edu

	Hi,
	There's a book called something like " evolution, information and
entropy" (I'm not sure), the autor is Haken, the year maybe 1988. Also
there's a new's group called information theory and chowder society where
you'll find answers. I'll forward your message.
	Sincerly yours,
			Rafael Najmanovich