student question-tide pools

Cory M Wisnia cwisnia at eis.calstate.edu
Tue Jan 25 00:40:04 EST 1994

Mea is visiting the tide zones,  among other activities.  As her
teacher,  and as a person who has a good deal of training in Marine
Biology, I would submit that simply visiting the tide zone doesn't
usually make it easy to determine which level starfish and other sealife
live at.  In fact the zonation appears somewhat arbitrary anyway--at least
to me.  Luckily for Mea,  she has received much psoitive assistance from
variety of folks who were happy to share their understanding of marine life.

Cory Wisnia
Mendocino Middle School

||     / \|/  \  CORY  WISNIA             ||
||     |(O)(O) | cwisnia at eis.calstate.edu ||
||     \  ×   /  MENDOCINO   CA           ||