Zooplankton ID Assistance: Copepod Sapherella/Saphirella species

GBM100G at ODUVM.BITNET GBM100G at ODUVM.BITNET
Wed Jan 26 13:06:23 EST 1994

I recently received several copepod specimens tentatively identified as
Sapherella (spelling may be Saphirella), a genus I am unfamiliar with.
I need to obtain a description of both the adult and juvenile forms.
The only reference I have is "Copepods of the Florida Current" by Owre and
Foyo (1967).  The specimens I have at hand (1 adult and 4 juveniles) were
collected from the Chesapeake Bay during the summer months within a
mesohaline type environment.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.