Scientific illustration

Robert W Beggs aj519 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA
Fri Jan 28 01:04:15 EST 1994

In a previous article, nsaunders at molbiol.ox.ac.uk () says:

>A friend of mine is currently in her last year of a biochemistry degree
>and is trying to figure out what to do next. She is interested in the
>possibility of training as a scientific artist, illustrating textbooks
>or journal articles in the biosciences, but has no idea how one might
>go about this.
>Does anyone know how she might get into the field, in particular are
>there courses available to provide such training? Preferably in the UK.
>Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

	Not sure how much help this will be, but the only university
course I know  that is offered in that field is at the University of
Toronto, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Your friend (it's always a "friend",
isn't it?) can get some info by scanning the calendar, and maybe writing
to the relevant department(s) to see if they know of a closer program.
	Of course, your friend is welcome to come to Toronto....it's about
minus 45 C right now, and we can use all the body heat possible over here!

Cheers, Robb