bioethics

Michael Holloway mhollowa at epo.som.sunysb.edu
Mon Jan 31 15:36:27 EST 1994

In article <brownbrd.759900648 at pv0a17.vincent.iastate.edu> brownbrd at iastate.edu (Grizzly Adams) writes:
>The training group I am part of as a graduate student recently met and
>discussed a small portion of bioethics - specifically that of "animal rights".

That's disappointing, unless the discussion centered around educating the
participants about the danger presented by "animal rights" terrorists.  Ethics
certainly is something that researchers need some formal training in.  "Animal
rights" however, is pop culture and not serious, or useful, ethical thought.
The only thing that a researcher needs to be taught about it is how to  best
protect yourself from terrorists.