Gram Stain

Ezekial mic2mcb at
Mon Jul 4 06:44:17 EST 1994

Norman Suguitan (suguitan at wrote:
: Secondly, how do I know when to stop decolorizing the stain.  Most
: of the time, I just count 30 seconds and stop decolorizing.  Sometimes,
: I could decolorize too much or not enough.  Do I decolorize the stain
: directly, or just drop the alcohol on the side of the slide?

When we do gram stains, we use acetone as a decolourising agent.
With acetone you wash it off straight away.

btw does anyone know what happened to bionet.microbiology?
One day it appeared and two days later it vanished.

* Sometimes we choose our paths, sometimes our choices *
* are made for us and sometimes we have no choice at   *
* all.........                      Neil Gaiman.       *
* Love and Hugs,  * mic2mcb at*
*     Matt        * mic2mcb at*
*                 * mic2mcb at           *